GoodieKrunch™ Thanksgiving Bread Recipe
GoodieKrunch™ Flax Seed Pumpkin Bread
1/2 cup crushed GoodieKrunch™ Flax Seed
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 pinch ground cloves
- Place the raisins in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Let the raisins plump in the hot water while you create the cake batter.
- Use an electric mixer to mix together sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil and eggs till smooth. Add pumpkin puree and vanilla. Mix again till blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry. Mix together till blended. Do not overmix.
- Drain the raisins and pat dry with a paper towel. Fold the raisins and 3/4 of the crushed GoodieKrunch™ Flax Seed into the batter.
- Grease a medium loaf pan. Pour batter into the pan. Sprinkle with the remaining crushed GoodieKrunch™ Flax Seed.
- Bake cake at 325 degrees F for about 1 hour, until the edges brown and a toothpick inserted into the thickest section of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Gently release the cake from the pan and place on a wire cooling rack.